Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Acheivement of Desire Responce


                One of the interesting things about “The Achievement of Desire” is how easy it is to find something to relate to. Personally I relate to the author’s background: my family, like the author’s, isn’t as well educated as me. This somewhat created a minor divide between and my parents and I do get a little embarrassed by my parents, particularly my mom who was raised in a country where school isn’t free like here in the US. However I disagree with the author about one of the effects of being a “scholarship boy”, I doubt that education can completely separate someone from their family and even their heritage regardless of how uneducated they are. However I’ve seen other aspects of the scholarship boy from other kids in my school: complete enthusiasm about classes, utter respect for the teacher.etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment